Thursday, September 17, 2009

Currently Listening To........



The National - Alligator
  1. Secret Meeting
  2. Karen
  3. Lit Up
  4. Looking for Astronauts
  5. Daughters of the Soho Riots
  6. Baby, We'll be Fine
  7. Friend of Mine
  8. Val Jester
  9. All the Wine
  10. Abel
  11. The Geese of Beverly Road
  12. City Middle
  13. Mr. November
I remember buying Alligator a few years back after hearing very good things about The National. I gave it a very casual spin and didn't really connect with the record and so it wound up in my sizable record collection. The other day I was hanging out in my apartment, and for some reason I wanted to give it a listen. After listening to the opening track "Secret Meeting", I was sold and have listened to album for 2 days straight. The album is a magnificent collection of music that just sticks with you.

The music is very chill for the most part and the vocals of lead singer Matt Berninger are simply stunning. His baritone voice along with his delivery gives the music great depth. If you are looking for a good record to chill to, then this is it. Check out "Daughters of the Soho Riots", as it is my favorite track on the record. Like an alligator laying in wake in a swamp, The National have created a fierce album that has some bite of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment